- Begin with a case of Joy
- Add a heaping spoonful of Gratitude
- Fold in a large dollop of Kindness
- Stir in a handful of Forgiveness
- Sprinkle liberally with Love and cover with Peace
- Always serve with a large side of Faith
1. You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be guided by someone else.
2. You will experience an uncomfortable sharpening from time to time, but it will help you to become a better pencil.
3. You have the ability, because of your eraser, to correct any mistakes you might make.
4. The most important part of you will always be what is on the inside.
5. You must leave your mark on every surface upon which you are used.
The pencil understood and went forward, excited to share his purpose with an eager student.
We are all like pencils in many ways. At least one, if not all five of the simple truths found in this parable are needed in our daily life. Choose from the list today and enjoy moving forward with excitement and purpose in whatever you do!